Stuffed mushrooms are a family favorite. There’s a long history of how these grew in popularity. Long story short, my ex-sister-in-law started making them. Everyone liked them… but she stopped making them. When and if she did, they weren’t the same. They were missing flavor. In retrospect, it should have been a sign that their relationship was destined to end.
Anyways, I took over and created a simple filling: cream cheese and sausage. It was so simple yet filled with flavor. They grew in popularity and were a requirement for all family functions.
Here’s what you need to make them:
- 1 lbs of sausage (I prefer spicy)
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 16 oz Whole button Mushrooms
- Bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan (optional)
Here’s how you make them:
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems
- Place on oven-safe casserole dish
- Cook sausage and drain the grease
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted
- Fill the mushrooms with the filling
- Top with the breadcrumbs
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
These are a huge hit! If you have extra filling, it’s great with croissants!
Enjoy my friends!
Xo love kim