After reading Everything I Never Told You, we had to read the next novel by Celeste NG. She’s brilliant.
Little Fires Everywhere explores secrets and family dynamics and class. The story is about a traveling artist and her daughter who move to Shaker Heights. Shaker Heights plays a big role in this story and a waspy suburb where everything is perfect on the surface. Behind the perfection, there is a house of cards waiting to fall.
I could not put this book down. This was beautifully written and the characters were well developed. You could touch the characters and the dynamics and see all of their imperfections. It was brilliant.
Everyone loved this book. We talked at great lengths about the characters, the stories, and our own families. Here’s a list of discussion topics:
- How would you describe the moms?
- Discuss the kids and their dynamics
- What did you think about Pearl?
- How did you feel at the end?
- What do you think happened to the characters after the book ended?
- Was there more to Mr. Richardson?
This will definitely be a great discussion!
xo love kim